Sports Grant Guidelines
Those eligible to apply include any event and/or organization that creates tourism and visitor spending in the Bloomington area. A direct financial benefit disclosure form must be filled out by those profiting from the programs being proposed. Such parties may apply for these grant funds according to the following guidelines:
- Approved applicants must use the BCVB Sports Grant Program logo prepared exclusively for this program in all publicity, marketing and advertising activities related to the proposed event. *The projects must include new and innovative ideas designed to increase visitor attendance at the event or activity, and in turn increase over night stays in Bloomington hotels.
- Priority will be given to projects, which promote to out-of-town visitors (100 or more miles from Bloomington), and have a positive local impact.
- Priority will be given to events that will promote overnight visitors during months of November, December, January and March.
- Some aspect of the project must be open to the general public.
- The BCVB’s Sports Grant Program Committee (SGPC) and staff will be responsible for reviewing all grants with final ratification from the BCVB’s full Board of Directors.
- Board members or staff of the Convention and Visitors Bureau involved in any way with an applicant organization or event must excuse themselves from all discussion and vote regarding that specific application.
- In making decisions on grant applications, the committee will consider such factors as type and scope of the applying organization, the organization’s resources (including budget and committee/staff structure), the impact and priority of the proposed project, the timetable, the number of applications received and the dollar amount requested and the benefit the program provides to the community.
- Organizations and events may submit applications for more than one project, but each project must be submitted on its own application form.
- If dollars are awarded to the applicant, payment will be remitted on a reimbursement policy only which will be administered upon receiving a receipt of such expenditures.
- The applicant must show financial investment in the proposed project, event or activity.
- The maximum amount that can be awarded per application is $2,500 USD.
At the time of review by the committee, the applicant may be asked to give a presentation no longer than 15 minutes. It will be the applicant’s responsibility to meet the needs of the committee in order to continue the process. Failure to do so may result in disqualification of an organization’s application.
The foregoing guidelines are for informational purposes and are subject to further revisions by the BCVB at its discretion. The BCVB reserves the right to accept or reject any application at its discretion. The BCVB makes no warranties or representations regarding the acceptance or rejection of any applications or the awarding of funds under the program described herein.