Getting Here & Around
Enjoy the ride.
With MSP Airport only minutes away, getting to Bloomington is easy no matter where you’re coming from. And if you’re driving, parking is free and directions are simple with Bloomington resting along major Minnesota interstates. Not driving? No problem. Hop on the light rail or bus to get you wherever you want to go between Bloomington and Minneapolis–St. Paul. It’s map-free kind of travel – the best kind.
- Air Travel
- Bus & Light Rail
- Car Rental
- Taxi Service
- Amtrak Train
Bloomington is located adjacent to the Minneapolis St. Paul International Airport (MSP). The Minneapolis St. Paul International Airport is just minutes from the heart of Bloomington and 20 minutes from both downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul. Most area hotels provide complimentary Bloomington airport and Mall of America transportation.
- Air Canada 888-247-2262 www.aircanada.ca
- Air France 800-237-2747 www.airfrance.us
- Alaska Airlines 800-426-0333 www.alaskaair.com
- American Airlines 800-433-7300 www.aa.com
- Delta Air Lines 800-221-1212 www.delta.com
- Frontier Airlines 800-432-1359 www.frontierairlines.com
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines 866-434-0320 www.klm.com/
- Spirit Airlines 801-401-2222 www.spirit.com/
- United Airlines 800-241-6522 www.united.com/
Bloomington and the surrounding area are Minnesota’s prime location for bike enthusiasts. As Minneapolis continues to grow as the nations most bike friendly city so do the surrounding areas. If you are looking for picturesque scenery, Bloomington is the place to be. With an active community and nature at its’ backdoor, there are endless opportunities to explore Bloomington’s bike trails!
Check out each of Bloomington’s bike trails. Each one is unique and guaranteed to be a fun experience for all. Just remember to wear your helmet!
Bloomington and Minneapolis public transportation is available through Metro Transit. For route and schedule information call 612-373-3333 or online www.metrotransit.org
By Light Rail
The METRO Blue Line offers fast, quiet light rail service to 19 stations between downtown Minneapolis and Mall of America®, including five stations at the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport, in Bloomington and at Mall of America.
The new METRO Green Line connects Bloomington with St. Paul. Passengers will have to change trains at the Downtown East station from the Metro Transit Green Line to the Metro Transit Blue Line to get from St. Paul to Bloomington and Mall of America.
For Bloomington and Minneapolis Blue Line and Green Line route and schedule information call 612-373-3333 or visit www.metrotransit.org
Car Rental Companies
- Alamo Car Rental 800-327-9633 Alamo Car Rental
- Avis Car Rental 800-831-2847 Avis Car Rental
- Budget Car Rental 800-547-7000 Budget Car Rental
- Dollar Rent-A-Car 800-800-4000 Dollar Rent-A-Car
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car 800-736-8227 Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Hertz Car Rental 800-654-3131 Hertz Car Rental
- National Car Rental 800-227-7368 National Car Rental
- Thrifty Car Rental 800-367-2277 Thrifty Car Rental
Bloomington, Minnesota taxi service is readily available at the airport, hotels and Mall of America. Rates for Bloomington, Minnesota taxi services are approximately $1.75 first 1/6 mile, $1.30 each additional mile. $3 minimum in Minneapolis, $2.30 minimum in St. Paul. Bloomington taxi rates are subject to change without notice.
Amtrak Train Service
The Amtrak train service travels a major East-West line running from Chicago to Seattle and Portland. The Amtrak train depot is located at 240 Kellogg Boulevard East, Union Depot, St. Paul, MN 55101. It's about 20 minutes from Bloomington. Call 800-872-7245.