PLAN FOR MAJOR ROAD WORK AROUND THE AIRPORT IN 2020
Traffic impacts anticipated to begin April 8
Plan ahead if traveling to, from, or around the Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport in 2020. Improvements starting in April will affect Highway 5 (between 494 and Highway 62) and will have closures and detours from April through October. Check MnDOT's Highway 5 and I-494 traffic impact maps.
* Road construction that changes how you get to and from MSP Airport
* A full construction season of Highway 5 closures
* Detours that will add time to your trip, even if there are fewer vehicles on the road
* Bridge and ramp work that impacts the routes where Highways 5/55/62 meet
* Additional bridge and ramp work east of MSP Airport at 494/35E
* At this time, there is not a designated hotel shuttle detour route due to the low traffic levels
Download Fact Sheet
Explore the Map
Plan Your Approach
Connect to Stay Informed
April - Mid July 2020 (reopens Friday, August 14)
Eastbound Hwy 5 is closed between 494 and Hwy 55/62.
Mid August - Fall 2020
Westbound Hwy 5 is closed between Hwy 62/55 to Terminal 1.
Eastbound 494 weekend closures
9 p.m. Friday, August 14 through 5 a.m. Monday, August 17.
9 p.m. Friday, August 21 through 5 a.m. Monday, August 24.