Mall of America Facts & Figures
Mall of America facts and figures are just as interesting as the 4.2 million square foot facility itself. MOA®’s breakdown by the numbers:
- MOA estimates it would take you 86 hours to visit every store in the mall—provided you didn’t spend more than 10 minutes in each
- Look around you. About 4 out of every 10 people you see at the MOA are tourists
- Sharks at SEA LIFE at Mall of America don’t eat every day, but when they do they make up for it by gobbling up more than 90 pounds of food. Those creatures that are fed daily can bulldoze though more than 100 pounds. That’s a lot of fish food!
- Say “I do” to shopping or say “I do” to the person of your dreams… More than 5,000 couples have exchanged their vows at Mall of America
- Officials estimate the Mall of America is a huge economic boon for the state of Minnesota, generating more than $2 billion in economic activity annually
- How’s this for frustrating? More than 170,000 Legos have been lost in the MOA’s very own LEGO Store
- The number of people who visit Mall of America each year—about 40 million—equals the number of people that live in North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa and Canada combined
- Theme parks, miles of stores, great entertainment and food—all awesome! But what’s the best reason to visit Mall of America? There is no sales tax on clothing and shoes in Minnesota!!