Mall of America Facts
Mall of America® facts and figures are just as interesting as the 4.2 million square foot facility itself. MOA’s breakdown by the numbers:
- MOA® estimates it would take you 86 hours to visit every store in the mall—provided you didn’t spend more than 10 minutes in each
- Look around you. About 4 out of every 10 people you see at the MOA® are tourists
- Sharks at the SEA LIFE Minnesota Aquarium don’t eat every day but when they do they make up for it by gobbling up more than 90 pounds of food. Those creatures that are fed daily can bulldoze though more than 100 pounds. That’s a lot of fish food!
- Say “I do” to shopping or say “I do” to the person of your dreams… More than 5,000 couples have exchanged their vows at the Mall of America®
- Officials estimate the Mall of America® is a huge economic boon for the state of Minnesota, generating more than $2 billion in economic activity annually.
- How’s this for frustrating? More than 170,000 Legos have been lost in the MOA’s very own LEGO land play area
- The number of people who visit the Mall of America® each year—about 40 million—equals the number of people that live in North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa and Canada
- Theme parks, miles of stores, great entertainment and food—all awesome! But what’s the best reason to visit the Mall of America? There is no sales tax on clothing in Minnesota!!
Looking for a Bloomington getaway or Park and Fly special, our hotels have the offer for you!
Visit 6 top Twin Cities attractions, including Nickelodeon Universe, within 3 days and save.
Check out upcoming events in Bloomington, Minnesota and the Twin Cities area.
Whether traveling for business or pleasure, Bloomington offers you the best selection around.