Meet Our Executive Team
Bonnie L. Carlson, CDME, President & CEO
Bonnie has been with the Bloomington Convention & Visitors Bureau for 24 years of service and has made significant contributions to the state’s travel industry. Carlson has been at the forefront of the hospitality industry crafting and supporting policies and initiatives promoting the industry at every level – local, state, national and international. She has been active in several other tourism organizations including the Explore Minnesota Tourism Council, the Executive Committee of the United States Travel Association, Destination Marketing Association International and the Minnesota Association of Convention and Visitor Bureaus.
Jan Kroells, Vice President of Marketing
Jan's areas of responsibilities as Vice President of Marketing include Leisure Marketing and Advertising, Internet Marketing, and Special Events, including the Bloomington Diamond Service Awards. She has been a part of the Bloomington Convention & Visitors bureau for 20+ years and works with a fabulous, creative and loyal team, as well as industry partners.
Sherri Mullery, Vice President of Business and Foundation Partnerships
Sherri leads our Business and Foundation Partnerships team, who build relationships and support the Bloomington CVB initiatives. Business partnerships enhance our marketing programs and create awareness for local and national company products at Bloomington CVB events, on the website and in print media. In building relationships we position Bloomington as a brand.
Daniel S. O’Neill, Vice President of Strategy and Sales
Dan has over 17 years experience in travel and hospitality and heads up day to day strategy and sales for the Bloomington Convention Bureau. Dan develops “win-win” strategies and partnerships, often with major entertainment, travel and sports properties. His background includes hotel strategic planning, brand marketing and market research covering business-to-consumer and business-to-business. Dan has consulted with Radisson Hotels & Resorts, Country Inns & Suites, Caribou Coffee, Northwest Airlines, Delta, American Airlines and National Rental. Dan has exceeded Destination production goals in 2008, 2009 and 2010.
Board of Directors 2012
- CHAIR: Ms. Cathleen Olson, President, COLOURS Marketing Design
- VICE CHAIR: Mr. Jim Saccoman, General Manager, Radisson Hotel Bloomington by Mall of America and Waterpark of America
- SECRETARY/TREASURER: Ms. Pady Regnier, President and CEO, St. Croix Promotions & Retail, Inc
- PRESIDENT & CEO: Ms. Bonnie Carlson, President & CEO, Bloomington Convention & Visitors Bureau
- CITY OF BLOOMINGTON: Mr. Gene Winstead, Mayor, City of Bloomington
- Mr. Mitch Kilian, Director of Governmental Affairs, Metropolitan Airports Commission
- Mr. Sam Thompson, Founder & CEO, metroConnections
- Mr. Dan Jasper, Vice President of Public Relations, Mall of America
- Mr. Henry R. (Hank) Todd, President, Hank Todd Solutions Group
- Mr. Tim Ronayne, General Manager, Quality Inn & Suites
- Tod Oswald, General Manager, Minneapolis Airport Marriott
- Mr. Steve Peterson, Bloomington City Council
- Mr. Larry Lee, Community Development Director, City of Bloomington